A healthy broccoli salad recipe with a creamy tahini dressing!
Summertime calls for fresh vegetables and refreshing salads, however sometimes leafy greens get a little boring. Coleslaw is always a popular summer BBQ staple, however, unfortunately, all that added mayonnaise dressing is not the best option for your waistline. This broccoli salad provides a nice big crunch while providing a daily dose of greens and satisfies that creamy craving. This recipe can be eaten right away or prepared ahead of time and stored in the fridge allowing for the cabbage and broccoli to absorb more of the dressing, providing a coleslaw-like consistency.
This healthy broccoli salad is the perfect side dish to any summer BBQ and also works as a simple meal prep idea for healthy lunches.
A healthy broccoli salad recipe complete with a rich and creamy garlic tahini dressing. This recipe is gluten-free and vegetarian.
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 head green cabbage
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Water to thin if needed
- Cut broccoli florets and cabbage into bite size slices and add to a large bowl.
- Finely slice red onion and chop into small pieces, and add to broccoli and cabbage.
- Add raisins and pumpkins seeds.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Top salad with dressing and toss together.
- Serve cold and enjoy.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 303 calories
- Sugar: 19 grams
- Fat: 15 grams
- Carbohydrates: 38 grams
- Fiber: 11 grams
- Protein: 11 grams
Keywords: healthy, cold, no mayo