- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2/3 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- Optional: Raspberries or fruit of your choice
- In a mason jar or bowl, combine the ingredients. Add chia seeds, cover with milk, and add cocoa, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Add a pinch of sea salt to the jar, this helps to bring out the chocolate flavour.
- Cover the mason jar and shake well, or using a spoon stir well to combine.
- Cover and place in the fridge overnight, or at least 2-3 hours. The chia seeds will absorb the liquid and become gelatinous in texture, creating a pudding consistency.
- In the morning, uncover the pudding and stir to ensure everything is well combined.
- Serve with raspberries or fruit and toppings of your choice.
I used almond milk in this recipe but any type of non-dairy or dairy milk will work, and if you don’t have maple syrup, honey would work as a sweetener too.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 257 calories
- Sugar: 4 grams
- Fat: 15 grams
- Carbohydrates: 27 grams
- Fiber: 16 grams
- Protein: 9 grams
Keywords: almond milk, overnight, healthy, keto, vegan