This granola bar recipe is healthy and easy to make! Made with rolled oats and naturally sweetened with honey, these no-bake granola bars are the perfect handheld treat.
- 2 cups rolled oats, old-fashioned or quick-cooking
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut (or shredded)
- 1/4 cup dried fruit (dates or raisins)
- 1/2 cup almond butter (or peanut butter) + more if needed
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Line a 8×8 inch baking dish with two strips of crisscrossed parchment paper. The parchment paper will make it easier for you to remove the bars from the pan and slice them later.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together oats, pumpkin seeds, coconut, dates/raisins, salt and cinnamon, and stir well to combine. If using dates, chop them roughly into bite size pieces before adding them to the bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond butter, honey and vanilla extract. If needed gently warm it in the microwave or stove top to bring it together.
- Add wet mixture to the dry ingredients and stir to combine. The mixture will be thick, so use a spatula or wooden spoon to stir thoroughly until there are no more dry oats.
- Depending on the type of almond butter and honey you use (as brands may vary), the mixture might be a little dry. If needed, add a little extra spoonful of nut butter and/or honey to help it all stick together.
- Transfer the mixture to baking dish and spread out evenly. Using something flat (such as the bottom of a drinking glass) press down the bar mixture to really pack them into the pan. The more tight and evenly you can pack them down, the easier they will be to slice.
- Transfer the baking dish to the fridge to the fridge or freezer for 20-30 minutes. This will allow time for the bars to firm up and the oats to absorb the mixture.
- Remove the bars from the pan and cut into 10 even bars. Wrap in plastic wrap and/or store in an airtight container for up to one week. These bars can be stored on the counter, but I find they keep best in the fridge, and can even be frozen for weeks to come.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 245 calories
- Sugar: 13 grams
- Fat: 13 grams
- Carbohydrates: 27 grams
- Fiber: 4 grams
- Protein: 7 grams
Keywords: no bake, easy, healthy, chewy, peanut butter, honey