Chicken burgers are notorious for being boring and dry, but these jalapeno lime chicken burgers help to spice things up for a flavourful burger every time!
- 1lb. ground chicken
- 1/2 yellow onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed and diced
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Optional Toppings: Avocado, guacamole, tomatoes, salsa, red onion
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients and use your hands to ensure the ingredients are well combined.
- Separate the chicken mixture into 4 and form into patties using your hands. (This recipe makes 4 large patties or 6 medium sized patties.)
- Season the burgers with a little extra pinch of salt and pepper on both sides before adding them to the grill.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to a medium heat, and cook patties for 5-7 minutes per side until cooked through to an internal temperature of 165ºF.
- Dress burgers with toppings of your choice to serve. I opted for guacamole, tomato, and leaf lettuce.
- Serving Size: 1 burger
- Calories: 204 calories
- Sugar: 2 grams
- Fat: 11 grams
- Carbohydrates: 7 grams
- Fiber: 1 gram
- Protein: 22 grams
Keywords: homemade, lime, cilantro, healthy, easy