Made with penne pasta and packed full of vegetables, this Mediterranean tuna pasta salad is a well-balanced and healthy meal.
- 200 grams penne pasta, dry (about 2 cups)
- 1 can water-packed tuna, strained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cucumber, halved and sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 120 grams feta cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- 10 kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup parsley, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add pasta and cook to al dente, according to package directions. Once cooked, strain, rinse with cold water to cool and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl or jar, combine the dressing ingredients, whisk together and set aside.
- Once the pasta has cooled, return to the pot, cover with dressing, add tuna, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, red onion, olives and parsley and toss to combine.
- Top with crumbled feta cheese and season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- This salad can be served immediately or stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 493 calories
- Sugar: 6 grams
- Fat: 25 grams
- Carbohydrates: 47 grams
- Fiber: 4 grams
- Protein: 22 grams
Keywords: cold, healthy, easy