Bright, fresh, and full of flavour, this avocado tuna salad is a fun twist on a classic tuna salad recipe. This recipe can be served on its own, in a sandwich, or topped onto a bed of leafy green for a quick and easy lunch.
- 1 can tuna, drained
- 1 avocado, ripe, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, diced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- In a large bowl, add tuna, avocado, celery, cucumber, red onion, and parsley, and mix and mash with a fork to combine.
- Add olive oil, lemon juice, a pinch of salt, and black pepper, and mix again until well combined.
- Once mixed, taste the salad and season with additional lemon juice, salt, and pepper as needed.
- This avocado tuna salad can be served immediately on its own, in a sandwich, or topped onto a leafy green salad. Any additional salad can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for one day.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 314 calories
- Sugar: 3 grams
- Fat: 20 grams
- Carbohydrates: 14 grams
- Fiber: 6 grams
- Protein: 23 grams
Keywords: healthy, creamy, easy