Avocado Tuna Salad
A creamy and healthy avocado tuna salad recipe!
Made with ripe avocado, red onion, cucumber, and celery, this avocado tuna salad is easy to make, high in protein, and filled with healthy fats. Once mixed, this tuna salad can be served on its own, added to a sandwich, or on a bed of leafy greens for a quick and healthy lunch.
This recipe is best made when you are ready to eat as the avocados may brown a little if left too long or made ahead of time. And, for the record, there is nothing unhealthy about the classic tuna salad made with mayonnaise, especially when you make homemade mayonnaise, this recipe is simply a fun twist on the classic dish.
More Healthy Tuna Salad Recipes:
Bright, fresh, and full of flavour, this avocado tuna salad is a fun twist on a classic tuna salad recipe. This recipe can be served on its own, in a sandwich, or topped onto a bed of leafy green for a quick and easy lunch.
- 1 can tuna, drained
- 1 avocado, ripe, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, diced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- In a large bowl, add tuna, avocado, celery, cucumber, red onion, and parsley, and mix and mash with a fork to combine.
- Add olive oil, lemon juice, a pinch of salt, and black pepper, and mix again until well combined.
- Once mixed, taste the salad and season with additional lemon juice, salt, and pepper as needed.
- This avocado tuna salad can be served immediately on its own, in a sandwich, or topped onto a leafy green salad. Any additional salad can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for one day.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 314 calories
- Sugar: 3 grams
- Fat: 20 grams
- Carbohydrates: 14 grams
- Fiber: 6 grams
- Protein: 23 grams
Keywords: healthy, creamy, easy