Tuscan Tuna Salad
Ready in under 10 minutes and packed full of protein, this Mediterranean-inspired Tuscan tuna salad with white is a quick and easy meal that you can whip together for a high-protein and high-fiber lunch or dinner any day of the week!
Tuna is one of those pantry staples that is great to have on hand because it can help to complete a meal in a few simple steps; just open, strain, and serve! Thanks to its mild taste, it easily takes on any flavor and adds some much-needed protein to any meal. Although I love a classic tuna salad (the mayo and celery combination), I think there is a lot more that you can do with a humble can of tuna without making things too complicated, and this salad does exactly that. Packed with colorful veggies, healthy fats, and plenty of protein, this Tuscan tuna salad is a well-balanced meal that is perfect for a warm summer day when you just can’t be bothered to cook.
More Tuna Salad Recipes:
This Mediterranean-inspired Tuscan tuna salad is a protein-packed meal that you can pull together for lunch or dinner in a pinch! If you are going to make it ahead of time, simply wait until it is time to serve to add the dressing.
- 1 can tuna, water-packed, strained
- 14oz can white kidney beans, strained and rinsed
- 1 cup green beans
- 4 cups arugula, well packed
- 1 cup radicchio, roughly chopped
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- In a small jar or bowl, combine the dressing ingredients, whisk together and set aside.
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil, and fill a seperate bowl with ice cold water. Once the water in the pot is boiling, add the green beans and cook for 2-3 minutes until bright green in colour. Once cooked, remove them from the boiling water and submerge them immediately in cold water.
- While the green beans are cooling, prepare the rest of the salad. In one large bowl or two seperate bowls, combine arugula, radicchio, red onion and cherry tomatoes.
- Once beans have cooled, pat them dry and add them to the salad with tuna and white beans. Cover salad with dressing and toss gently to combine.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1 salad
- Calories: 454 calories
- Sugar: 6 grams
- Fat: 26 grams
- Carbohydrates: 28 grams
- Fiber: 9 grams
- Protein: 30 grams
Keywords: healthy, no mayo, white beans, Mediterranean, canned