Crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, these cottage cheese pancakes are a quick and easy breakfast you can enjoy any day of the week.
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk, plus more as needed
- In a large bowl, add the wet ingredients; cottage cheese, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract, and stir until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, add the dry ingredients; flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt, and stir until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined. Add the milk to the mixture and mix again to combine. If you find the mixture too thick, add another splash or two of milk as needed to help thin it out.
- Heat a griddle or pan to medium heat, add a knob of butter, and allow to melt. Working in batches, add a 1/4 cup of the batter to the griddle or pan and cook until golden brown, roughly 1-2 minutes per side.
- Continue this process until all of the batter is done. You can store the cooked pancakes in the oven at 200°F to keep them warm.
- Once complete, serve the pancakes with berries of your choice and/or a drizzle of maple syrup.
- Serving Size: 1 pancake
- Calories: 140 calories
- Sugar: 5 grams
- Fat: 5 grams
- Carbohydrates: 18 grams
- Fiber: 0 grams
- Protein: 6 grams