Cottage Cheese Pancakes
Light, fluffy, and high-protein cottage cheese pancakes.
Cottage cheese might not be the first ingredient that comes to mind when you think of pancakes but it is a delicious and welcomed addition to this classic breakfast dish. Crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside, and packed full of protein, these cottage cheese pancakes are a quick and easy breakfast you can enjoy any day of the week.
I made these pancakes with all-purpose flour, however, you could easily make them with whole wheat flour, oat flour, or quick-cooking oats if you wanted to increase the fibre content a little bit. These cottage cheese pancakes also store really well in the fridge so they are perfect as a meal prep idea for quick and easy weekday breakfasts.
More Healthy Pancake Recipes:
Crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, these cottage cheese pancakes are a quick and easy breakfast you can enjoy any day of the week.
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk, plus more as needed
- In a large bowl, add the wet ingredients; cottage cheese, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract, and stir until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, add the dry ingredients; flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt, and stir until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined. Add the milk to the mixture and mix again to combine. If you find the mixture too thick, add another splash or two of milk as needed to help thin it out.
- Heat a griddle or pan to medium heat, add a knob of butter, and allow to melt. Working in batches, add a 1/4 cup of the batter to the griddle or pan and cook until golden brown, roughly 1-2 minutes per side.
- Continue this process until all of the batter is done. You can store the cooked pancakes in the oven at 200°F to keep them warm.
- Once complete, serve the pancakes with berries of your choice and/or a drizzle of maple syrup.
- Serving Size: 1 pancake
- Calories: 140 calories
- Sugar: 5 grams
- Fat: 5 grams
- Carbohydrates: 18 grams
- Fiber: 0 grams
- Protein: 6 grams