Blueberry Yogurt Pancakes
Light and fluffy, these blueberry yogurt pancakes are a delicious and nutritious breakfast the whole family is sure to love!
Pancakes are one of my favourite weekend meals. I love waking up in the morning, making a cup of coffee, and then standing over a hot pan flipping fluffy pancakes for a delicious weekend brunch. Although pancakes are often considered an “unhealthy” option, that is truly not the case. As with all foods, it all comes down to the quality of the ingredients and quantity. In fact, when made from scratch, most pancake recipes are made with simple ingredients and whole foods, and a little drizzle of maple syrup once in a while never hurt anyone! Not to mention, the addition of yogurt or Greek yogurt to this pancake recipe helps to add an extra boost of protein and beneficial bacteria making it a fun and healthy way to start your day.
These blueberry yogurt pancakes are made with unbleached all-purpose flour, however, you could easily use whole-grain flour or gluten-free flour if needed, and can easily swap the milk for almond milk to make them dairy-free. Whip up these pancakes this weekend for a delicious and nutritious weekend brunch, or batch cook them and freeze them for a fun meal prep idea for healthy weekday breakfasts.
More Healthy Pancake Recipes:
Blueberry Yogurt Pancakes
These light and fluffy blueberry yogurt pancakes are a healthy, high-protein and delicious recipe the whole family is sure to love!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 12 pancakes (6 servings) 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
- 2 cups flour, all-purpose
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries, plus more for serving
- Butter, for cooking
- Maple syrup, to serve
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, yogurt, milk and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in batches until just incorporated, do not over mix. (Depending on your yogurt brand you may need to add an extra splash of milk if the batter is too thick. If you are using Greek yogurt it will create an extra-thick batter so you will need to add additional milk.)
- Heat a griddle or pan to medium heat, add a knob of butter, and then pour 1/4 cup of batter onto pan. Dollop with blueberries and then cook until the top bubbles and bubbles pop to form holes on the surface, then flip and cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Continue until all of the batter is done, you can keep cooked pancakes in the oven at 200°F to keep them warm while you finish all of the batter.
- Serve immediately with butter, blueberries and maple syrup drizzled over the top.
- These blueberry yogurt pancakes can also be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days or in freezer in an airtight container or bag for up to 3 months.
Gluten-Free Option: Swap the regular flour for a 1-to-1 gluten-free flour.
Dairy-Free Option: Swap the regular milk for almond milk, yogurt for coconut yogurt, and use avocado oil or coconut oil instead of butter.
- Serving Size: 1 pancake
- Calories: 143
- Sugar: 5 grams
- Fat: 3 grams
- Carbohydrates: 23 grams
- Fiber: 1 gram
- Protein: 7 grams
Keywords: best, how to make, greek yogurt, easy, basic, fluffy