Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
These healthy banana oatmeal pancakes are perfect for everything from a weekday breakfast to a weekend brunch. Not only are they easy to make but they freeze incredibly well, so you can make a double or triple batch and store leftovers in the freezer for days and weeks to come.
These oatmeal pancakes are made with rolled oats and naturally sweetened with ripe bananas for a high-fibre, flavour-packed breakfast that works for adults and kids alike. In fact, these pancakes are filled with so much flavour they are equally delicious on their own or topped with a drizzle of syrup.
More Healthy Pancake Recipes:
These healthy banana oatmeal pancakes are gluten-free, vegetarian and high in fibre. This recipe is made with rolled oats, however, you can swap them quick-cooking oats if needed.
- 3 small bananas, very ripe
- 2 tablespoons butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Place oats in a blender or food processor and pulse until they are ground into a fine meal or flour-like consistency.
- In a large bowl, using a fork, mash the bananas until well combined. Add melted butter or coconut oil, lemon juice and eggs, and whisk until well combined.
- Add ground oats, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg and mix until well combined. Once mixed, allow the batter to sit for at least 10 minutes. Depending on the size of your bananas, you may need to thin out the batter a bit with a splash of milk.
- Heat a griddle or pan to medium heat, add a knob of butter, and then pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the pan. Allow to cook for about 3 minutes or until bubbles begin to form on the surface, then carefully flip with a spatula and cook for another 1-2 minutes or until golden.
- Serve pancakes immediately or keep warm in the oven at 200°F until ready to serve.
- Serving Size: 1 pancake
- Calories: 116 calories
- Sugar: 5 grams
- Fat: 4 grams
- Carbohydrates: 16 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Protein: 3 grams
Keywords: healthy, easy, gluten-free