Made with wild rice, radishes, snap peas, celery, and fresh herbs, and covered in a lemon-garlic dressing, this wild rice salad is filled with texture, colors, and flavor, and works well as light vegetarian lunch or simple side dish to any grilled meat.
Although this recipe calls for wild rice, you can certainly make it with any type of rice that you enjoy; white, brown, red, or black rice would all work equally well. Not to mention, this recipe is a great way to use up any leftover rice you have in the fridge; just chop some veggies, add the dressing, and you’ve got a cold wild rice salad ready to go in minutes.
More Healthy Salad Recipes:
Wild Rice Salad
A quick and easy wild rice salad! Filled with radishes, snap peas, fresh herbs and covered in a lemon-garlic dressing, this cold wild rice salad serves 2 to 3 as a main course or 4 to 6 as a side dish.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: Stovetop
- 1 cup wild rice, dry
- 8 radishes, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups snap peas, thinly sliced
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dill, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Fill a medium saucepan with water, bring to a boil, add the rice, lower the heat, and simmer uncovered for about 40 minutes, or according to package directions, until the rice is tender but pleasantly chewy. Once cooked, strain to remove excess water, rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process, and then transfer it to a bowl to cool completely.
- While the rice is cooking, in a small bowl or jar, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper and mix until well combined.
- Once the rice has cooled, add the sliced radish, snap peas, and celery to the bowl with the rice and mix to combine. Add the chopped parsley and dill and toss again to combine.
- Drizzle the rice mixture with the dressing and toss until well combined, and season with a generous sprinkle of salt and pepper to taste.
- This wild rice salad can be served immediately or stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 313 calories
- Sugar: 4 grams
- Fat: 15 grams
- Carbohydrates: 41 grams
- Fiber: 5 grams
- Protein: 9 grams