Ready in minutes and packed full of vegetables, this Mediterranean couscous salad makes a great side dish for a weeknight dinner or a simple meal prep idea for a hearty vegetarian lunch! Plus, the ingredients are incredibly versatile and you can mix and match the vegetables with whatever you have on hand.
Although it is often thought of as a grain, couscous is made from tiny steamed balls of semolina flour making it a form of pasta and source of carbohydrate. Although traditionally served as a side dish with meat or stews, couscous is a versatile ingredient that can be used in many different ways. Most of the couscous available in North American grocery stores is instant or quick-cooking couscous, so it cooks in minutes and is absolutely foolproof – if you can boil water, you can make couscous. Not to mention, it stores incredibly well in the fridge once cooked, so it’s the perfect ingredient for make-ahead salads or meal prep.
This Mediterranean couscous salad is just one of the many salads that you can make with couscous, but I particularly love this one because it’s so quick and easy to prepare; just prep the couscous, chop some veggies and you’re done! This recipe calls for a homemade lemon garlic dressing, but if you’re looking to save some time simply grab an olive oil-based dressing at the grocery store and you’ll be good to go.
More Couscous Recipes:Print
Mediterranean Couscous Salad
Filled with Greek flavours, this Mediterranean couscous salad recipe is quick and easy to make, and packed full of fresh vegetables and fibre making it a healthy side dish or simple lunch.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Salads, Sides
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 3/4 cup couscous, dry
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, grated or minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook the couscous according to package directions.
- While the couscous is cooking, chop all of the vegetables and prepare the dressing. Add olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper to a bowl and whisk to combine, set aside.
- Once the couscous is cooked, add it to a large bowl, fluffing it with a fork, then add the chopped cucumber, tomatoes, bell pepper, red onion, black olives and parsley and toss to combine.
- Cover the salad with the dressing, toss to combine, then top with crumbled feta and additional salt and pepper to taste. Feel free to add a bit more lemon juice for brightness if needed.
- This salad can be eaten immediately or stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 238
- Sugar: 4 grams
- Fat: 14 grams
- Carbohydrates: 35 grams
- Fiber: 3 grams
- Protein: 6 grams
Keywords: Greek, pearl, cold, with feta, summer, dressing, easy