Greek Chickpea Bowls
Quick and easy Greek-inspired meal prep chickpea bowls!
Looking for a healthy lunch idea? Look no further than these chickpea bowls. Not only are they packed full of vegetarian protein, fibre, and healthy fats, but they are quick and easy to make and require no cooking at all. Just warm the couscous, chop the veggies, make the dressing, and add everything to containers to create healthy make-ahead lunches for the week.
Just when I thought meal prep couldn’t get any easier – voilà, no-cook chickpea bowls! Canned chickpeas are one of my go-to vegetarian protein sources when I need something quick and don’t feel like cooking; just strain and rinse and they’re ready to go. Although they do lack a little flavour on their own when paired with salty feta cheese and a zesty lemon-garlic dressing they help to create a well-balanced meal filled with Greek flavours.
More Meal Prep Bowls:
Greek Chickpea Bowls
Fresh and vibrant, these colourful Greek chickpea bowls are a great vegetarian lunch idea complete with plant-based protein, healthy fats, and plenty of veggies.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 bowls 1x
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Meal Prep
- Cuisine: Greek
- 2 cans (14oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup couscous, dry
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 red onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup black olives
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 handful parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 glove garlic, minced or grated
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Prepare the couscous according to package directions.
- In a small bowl or jar, combine all of the dressing ingredients and give them a good whisk until well combined. Taste and season with more salt and pepper as needed.
- Add chopped cucumber, tomatoes, bell pepper, and red onion to a bowl and toss to combine.
- Once the couscous has cooked, allow it to cool, and then divide evenly across 4 bowls or containers. Add vegetables mixture, chickpeas, and olives to the bowls, dividing it evenly across.
- Top each bowl with a crumble of feta cheese, a sprinkle of parsley, and a wedge of lemon.
- If you are eating the bowls immediately, top each both with a 1/4 of the dressing. If you are making them ahead of time, add dressing to small containers and dress when ready to serve.
- Once prepared, the bowls and dressing can be stored in airtight containers in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 596 calories
- Sugar: 5 grams
- Fat: 24 calories
- Carbohydrates: 79 grams
- Fiber: 14 grams
- Protein: 21 grams
Keywords: buddha bowl, meal prep