Milky oats with a jammy strawberry topping!
This 5-ingredient strawberry oatmeal is the perfect breakfast for busy weekday mornings. Made with quick oats, frozen strawberries, milk and topped with a dollop of yogurt and a drizzle of honey, these oats are high in fibre and packed full of protein making them the perfect fuel to start the day.
If you’ve never added yogurt to your oatmeal I highly suggest that you give it a go! Although it may seem a little odd at first, adding a generous dollop of yogurt on top of your oatmeal is a simple yet highly effective way to increase the protein content of your breakfast without much effort. Not to mention, it adds a refreshing tang and zip, which pairs perfectly with the honey and sweet berries in this strawberry oatmeal.
More Healthy Oatmeal Recipes:
This 5-ingredient strawberry oatmeal is nutritious and delicious morning meal. The combination of milky oats, jammy strawberries, tangy yogurt, and sweet honey creates a high protein and high fibre breakfast that tastes just as good as it is for you.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: American
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking or rolled oats
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup strawberries, frozen
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, to serve (optional)
- In a small pot, combine oats, milk, and water and bring to a gentle boil. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and continue to cook, stirring frequently, until oats are tender, roughly 3-5 minutes for quick-cooking oats, 6-8 minutes for rolled oats.
- While the oats are cooking, add frozen berries to a small pan with a splash of water and cook for 4-5 minutes until the berries are thick and jammy.
- Once cooked, transfer oatmeal to a bowl, top with yogurt, jammy berries, and a drizzle of honey.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 482 calories
- Sugar: 31 grams
- Fat: 13 grams
- Carbohydrates: 62 grams
- Fiber: 7 grams
- Protein: 27 grams
Keywords: healthy, easy, yogurt