Hummus Buddha Bowl
Looking for a quick and easy lunch? Look no further than this Mediterranean hummus buddha bowl! Ready in under 10 minutes, it makes a delicious and filling lunch that anyone will love.
Hummus is such a versatile ingredient, there honestly are so many different things you can do with it. Not only does it work well as a dip for snacks, it spreads well in sandwiches, works well in tuna or chicken salads, and also works perfectly well as the star of the show in a buddha bowl! Although store-bought hummus is really easy to find, it is also really easy to make at home; just a few ingredients thrown into a blender go a really long way to create this rich and creamy dip. Plus, once you’ve got the basic homemade hummus recipe down, you can add extra spices and herbs to make any flavour you like.
This hummus buddha bowl is not only quick to whip together, but packed full of plant-based protein for a hearty and filling meal.
More Buddha Bowl Recipes:
This hummus buddha bowl recipe calls for plain hummus, however, feel free to use any flavour of hummus that you like!
- 2 cups leafy greens of your choice
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1/2 cup canned chickpeas, strained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup hummus
- 2 tablespoons feta, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Sea salt
- Black Pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the leafy greens with 1 teaspoon of olive oil, a pinch of sea salt and toss to combine.
- Assemble the salad; layer the leafy greens in the bottom of the bowl or plate. Arrange the cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, olives, chickpeas, and feta cheese around the bowl in sections.
- Dollop the hummus into the centre of the bowl, and drizzle the remaining olive oil across the vegetables.
- Season with additional sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 488 calories
- Sugar: 8 grams
- Fat: 29 grams
- Carbohydrates: 49 grams
- Fiber: 14 grams
- Protein: 15 grams
Keywords: sauce, dressing, chickpeas, easy, best, vegetarian, vegan, healthy