Made with soft goat cheese, pesto, tomatoes, and spinach, this grilled cheese is a healthy, high-fibre, and high-protein meal.
- 2 slices sourdough, sprouted grain, or whole grain bread
- 2 oz soft goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon pesto (optional)
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 6 spinach leaves
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Lay bread on a cutting board and spread each slice with butter on one side.
- Flip bread, buttered side down, spread one slice with pesto, and then spread half of the goat cheese onto each slice.
- Layer one slice with spinach and tomato and season with salt and pepper, then combine slices to create a sandwich.
- Add sandwich to a pan or grill pan on medium heat and cook until browned, about 3-4 minutes, then flip and repeat on the opposite side.
- Once cooked, remove from the pan and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 479 calories
- Sugar: 7 grams
- Fat: 27 grams
- Carbohydrates: 35 grams
- Fiber: 7 grams
- Protein: 22 grams