Grilled cheese is a classic lunch but why not mix it up with a goat cheese grilled cheese? Made with soft goat cheese, pesto, tomatoes, and spinach, this goat cheese and vegetable sandwich is perfect for a simple yet delicious and nutritious lunch.
Making a healthy grilled cheese is simple; it’s all about the ingredients. Although this particular recipe calls for sourdough bread and soft goat cheese, there are plenty of different healthy bread options and healthy cheese options to choose from.
More Healthy Lunch Ideas:
Goat Cheese Grilled Cheese
Made with soft goat cheese, pesto, tomatoes, and spinach, this grilled cheese is a healthy, high-fibre, and high-protein meal.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 sandwich 1x
- Category: Main
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- 2 slices sourdough, sprouted grain, or whole grain bread
- 2 oz soft goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon pesto (optional)
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 6 spinach leaves
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Lay bread on a cutting board and spread each slice with butter on one side.
- Flip bread, buttered side down, spread one slice with pesto, and then spread half of the goat cheese onto each slice.
- Layer one slice with spinach and tomato and season with salt and pepper, then combine slices to create a sandwich.
- Add sandwich to a pan or grill pan on medium heat and cook until browned, about 3-4 minutes, then flip and repeat on the opposite side.
- Once cooked, remove from the pan and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 479 calories
- Sugar: 7 grams
- Fat: 27 grams
- Carbohydrates: 35 grams
- Fiber: 7 grams
- Protein: 22 grams