These zesty, sweet, and salty chicken skewers are packed full of flavor while still being easy to make! Make them for dinner and use leftovers for lunch the next day.
- 2 pounds of chicken breasts or thighs, boneless and skinless, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Black pepper
- Skewers, bamboo, wooden or metal
- Green onion, chopped, to serve
- Cilantro, minced, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
- In a large bowl or container, add the lime juice and zest, honey, soy sauce, olive oil and garlic and whisk to combine. Add the cubed chicken to the bowl, toss to coat it in the marinade, and cover, refrigerate, and marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 12 hours.
- Once the chicken has marinated, thread it onto skewers. If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 10 minutes before adding the chicken to ensure they do not burn.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat, add the chicken skewers to the grill and cook for 5-7 minutes per side, turning once, until the chicken is cooked through, or a thermometer reads 165°F.
- Once cooked, remove the skewers from the grill and serve as is or with an extra drizzle of honey, season with salt and black pepper, and garnish and garnish with green onion, cilantro, and lime wedges.
- Serving Size: 1 skewer
- Calories: 205 calories
- Sugar: 9 grams
- Fat: 7 grams
- Carbohydrates: 10 grams
- Fiber: 0 grams
- Protein: 26 grams