Ready in under 20 minutes and made with spinach and cherry tomatoes, this bacon pasta recipe is a quick, easy and healthy weeknight meal!
- 4 slices of bacon, sliced
- 170 grams spaghetti, dry
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- ¼ teaspoon crushed chillies (optional)
- Black pepper
- Parmesan cheese, to serve
- Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions. Once cooked, drain pasta, reserve a ¼ cup of the pasta water, and set aside.
- In a pan on medium-high heat, add the sliced bacon and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and crisp. Once cooked, remove bacon from the pan, transfer to a plate with paper towel, and set aside.
- In the same pan, leaving the remaining bacon fat, add the shallot, garlic and cherry tomatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes until the tomatoes start to break down.
- Add the chopped spinach, a pinch of salt and pepper, and stir to incorporate it with the tomato mixture.
- Add the ¼ cup of pasta cooking water to the pan, scraping the bottom to pick up all of the tasty bits, and cook for another 30 seconds to 1 minute until the liquid has slightly reduced.
- Add cooked spaghetti and bacon, toss to combine until everything is mixed and the spaghetti is well coated.
- To serve, add spaghetti to bowls and sprinkle with fresh parmesan cheese.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 580 calories
- Sugar: 6 grams
- Fat: 24 grams
- Carbohydrates: 70 grams
- Fiber: 5 grams
- Protein: 20 grams
Keywords: spinach, tomato, easy, healthy