BBQ Grilled Vegetables
Looking for a summer side dish? These grilled vegetables are the perfect no-fuss addition to any BBQ.
I’m always looking for fun new ways to use vegetables, but sometimes just keeping it simple is best, especially during the summer months. Tossed in oil and sprinkled with seasoning, grilling is a quick and easy way to cook your favourite summer veggies in just a few minutes. Not only are they delicious as a warm side dish, but they store very well in the fridge so you can easily reheat them or eat them cold in a simple salad.
Although this recipe calls for specific veggies, you can truly use almost any type you like, so feel free to experiment with whatever you’ve got on hand. These grilled vegetables are just another quick and easy recipe that you can add to your summer recipe repertoire!
BBQ Grilled Vegetables
The grilled vegetables in this recipe are merely a suggestion, so feel free to experiment with anything you’ve got on hand; cherry tomatoes, yellow squash, carrots and eggplant would all work equally well.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 servings 1x
- Category: Sides
- Cuisine: Paleo, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 zucchini, cut into rounds
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 pint mushrooms, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Add the chopped vegetables to a large bowl or baking sheet, drizzle with oil, and sprinkle with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Using your hand or tongs, toss the vegetables in the oil and seasoning until well coated. Feel free to add more oil and seasoning if needed.
- Heat a grill to medium-high heat, add vegetables to the grill (working in batches if needed), and cook for 8-10 minutes, turning once, until tender and lightly charred all over. Different vegetables may take more or less time, so be sure to keep a watchful eye on them.
- Once cooked, remove them from the grill and season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- The grilled vegetables can be served immediately or stored in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.