Make-Ahead Lentil Salad
This Make-Ahead Lentil Salad recipe is a quick and easy meal prep idea that works well for lunch and dinner alike!
If you are trying to stock your fridge with healthy options, look no further than this lentil salad! Although all salads are healthy options, having a pre-made salad ready to go is perfect for busy weeknights when you don’t have time to cook or need to pack lunch for the next day. Thanks to their robust nature and dense texture, lentils keep well for days in the fridge and don’t wilt when dressed making them perfect for make-ahead salads. Not only are lentils incredibly easy to cook, but they are a rich source fibre and plant-based protein which can help to balance your blood sugar, support digestive health, and minimize cravings.
Although this recipe calls for dry lentils, you could also use canned lentils, and to help add an extra depth of flavour, cook your lentils in broth instead of water before adding them to this simple Make-Ahead Lentil Salad.
Make-Ahead Lentil Salad
Made with green lentils, cucumbers, tomatoes, feta and tossed in a fresh lemon garlic dressing, this Make-Ahead Lentil Salad is perfect for lunch and dinner alike!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Salads
- Cuisine: Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
- 1 cup Puy or French lentils, dry
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 english cucumber, quartered and sliced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup (50 grams) feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1/4 cup olive
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook lentils according to package directions or until tender, approximately 15-17 minutes. Once cooked, strain and rinse under cold water to cool, and set aside.
- While the lentils are cooking, prepare the vegetables and dressing. Chop the tomatoes, cucumber and red onion into bite-size pieces, and mince the parsley.
- In a small bowl or jar, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, sea salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- Once the lentils have cooled, combine lentils and vegetables in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Cover with dressing and toss well to combine and ensure that the salad is well coated with the dressing.
- Sprinkle crumled feta cheese, toss again, and season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- The salad can be serve immediately or stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.