Balsamic Roasted Vegetables
This simple tray bake of balsamic roasted vegetables is a foolproof way to make a big batch of veggies with lots of flavour.
Sheet pan roasted veggies are my go-to cooking method when I need to make a big batch of vegetables in one simple go. Not only does it require very little work, but it creates a ton of flavour with very little effort. I often think people are worried about roasting vegetables because it’s not as “healthy” as other methods, but the reality is roasting vegetables is a completely acceptable and healthy cooking method! Plus, you can pretty much roast any type of vegetable you like (with the exception of leafy greens) and the flavour combinations are endless. I’ve already shared a simple recipe for my green vegetable tray bake that I often do for a batch meal prep idea, so these Balsamic Roasted Vegetables are just another one to add to the repertoire.
These balsamic roasted vegetables call for carrots, zucchini, bell pepper and mushrooms, however, Brussel sprouts, potatoes, red cabbage and beets would all work really well.
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cubed
- 8oz mushrooms, whole
- 1 red onion, cut in wedges
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Add chopped vegetables to a large baking dish or baking tray.
- In a small bowl, combine balsamic vinegar, mustard, olive oil and sea salt and whisk until well combined.
- Drizzle the balsamic mixture over the vegetables and, using your hand, toss the vegetables together to ensure they are all well coated.
- Transfer vegetables to the oven and roast for 35-40 minutes until tender.
- Once the vegetables are cooked toss them well in the sauce in the pan to ensure they are all well coated. (It may collect in the bottom during cooking.)
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 108 calories
- Sugar: 13 grams
- Fat: 1 gram
- Carbohydrates: 23 grams
- Fiber: 6 grams
- Protein: 4 grams
Keywords: oven roasted, carrots, zucchini, mushrooms, bell peppers, olive oil, balsamic