Grilled Cajun Shrimp Tacos
These grilled Cajun shrimp tacos are a quick and easy dinner idea, ready in 30 minutes or less, while still packed full smoky and spicy flavour!
In the summertime, I’m all about quick and easy meals. Actually, let’s get real, I’m always about quick and easy meals, but it’s especially true during the summer months. Seafood, in general, is a great option for a quick meal because it doesn’t take long to cook and can easily take on a lot of flavour. In fact, the right combination of herbs and spices can take any simple piece of seafood and elevate it from good to great. For these Cajun shrimp tacos, I wanted to add a little extra kick so I decided to do a homemade cajun seasoning on them, but if you have a store-bought version you like that would work really well too.
Looking for more taco recipes? Check out my coconut crusted fish tacos for another delicious and healthy dinner idea!
Ready in under 30 minutes, these shrimp tacos are the perfect summer meal! The shrimp can easily be grilled on the BBQ, a grill pan, or simply broiled in the oven if needed. Feel free to adjust the toppings to suit your personal preference because these grilled shrimp are the true star of the show.
- 12 raw wild-caught shrimp, thawed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ head romaine lettuce, shredded
- ¼ red cabbage, shredded
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 lime, quartered
- 4 corn tortillas
- In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, oregano, cayenne and sea salt, and mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, add thawed shrimp (tails removed), drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with spice mixture and toss until shrimp is well coated.
- Heat a grill to medium-high heat, place shrimp onto the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes per side until shrimp are opaque.
- While the shrimp are cooking, prepare the toppings; shred lettuce and cabbage, cube avocado, dice onion, chop cilantro and slice limes.
- Once the shrimp are cooked, assemble the tacos. Layer tortillas with shrimp and toppings of your choice, and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1 taco
- Calories: 231 calories
- Sugar: 3 grams
- Fat: 9 grams
- Carbohydrates: 20 grams
- Fiber: 6 grams
- Protein: 21 grams
Keywords: grilled, Cajun, easy, spicy, shrimp, blackened, red cabbage, avocado, corn, tortillas