Meal Prep Breakfast Bowls
Protein and fibre-packed meal prep breakfast bowls!
Jump on the meal prep train and save yourself some time in the morning with these delicious meal prep breakfast bowls packed with boiled eggs and vegetables! Ready in under 30 minutes, you’ll have a healthy, high-protein, low-carb, grab-and-go breakfast every morning of the week.
One of the top recommendations in all of my nutrition programs, and one that I give to all of my clients, is to eat a savoury breakfast. It may seem like such a small and insignificant change, but opting for a savoury breakfast over a sweet breakfast is a great way to help balance your blood sugar and keep your sugar cravings at bay. The first meal of the day really sets the tone for our blood sugar for the rest of the day, so choosing something that is packed with protein and low in sugar is essential to keeping our hunger signals under control. Although whipping up a big hearty and breakfast every morning would be ideal, not everyone has the time for that on weekday mornings, so that is where meal prep comes in! Simple to prepare, and packed with protein, healthy fats, and plenty of veggies, these meal prep breakfast bowls are the perfect way to start a busy day.
More Egg Meal Prep Breakfast Ideas:
Packed full of protein, veggies and healthy fats, these meal prep breakfast bowls are the perfect way to start a busy weekday morning! These bowls are designed to be low-carb, however, if you wanted to make them a little heartier, simply cube some sweet potatoes and add them to the pan of veggies to roast.
- 8 eggs
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bring a large pot with water, filled 3/4 of the way up, to a boil. Once boiling, use a slotted spoon to drop the eggs into the water, being careful not to crack them, and cook them to your liking; 4 minutes for soft-boiled, 6 minutes for medium or 10 minutes for hard-boiled.
- Add zucchini, onion and bell peppers to a large baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with Italian seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper, use your hands to toss the vegetables until they are well coated in the oil, and then transfer to the oven for 20 minutes.
- Once the eggs are done cooking, using a slotted spoon, remove them from the pot and then immediately transfer them to a bowl of cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Once the vegetables are done cooking, remove them from the oven, season with additional salt and pepper to taste, allow to cool slightly, and then divide them evenly across 4 containers.
- Transfer 2 boiled eggs to each container, you can peel them or leave the shell on to be peeled later, and store them in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 214 calories
- Sugar: 5 grams
- Fat: 13 grams
- Carbohydrates: 9 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Protein: 14 grams
Keywords: easy, healthy, egg, vegetables, low carb, high protein