Spiced Roasted Cauliflower
Quick, easy, and crispy, roasted cauliflower!
Variety in cooking methods is the key to getting more veggies into the diet, and this spiced roasted cauliflower shows us just that.
If you are anything like me, you are likely sick of steamed vegetables and salads, as they can get rather bland and boring after a while. Cauliflower itself is a plain and simple vegetable, not much taste and not much texture, so finding fun new ways to cook it is key to eating more of it. Roasting vegetables, especially in the colder months, is my favourite way to eat them as it completely changes their flavour and texture profile, especially when they are loaded with herbs and spices.
For this spiced roasted cauliflower, I used a mixture of spices to give it a little extra flavour and a little bit of heat. I think this recipe pairs well as a side dish or a braised meat or roast beef, but also works well cold in salads or tacos.Print
This roasted cauliflower recipe makes a great warm side dish or a tasty topping for a cold salad.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Fresh black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Prepare the cauliflower. Remove the outer green leaves and cut the cauliflower in half. Remove the central core of the cauliflower, and roughly chop or break the cauliflower into florets.
- Place cauliflower florets in a bowl and toss with olive oil and spices. Ensure that cauliflower is well and evenly coated with oil and spices.
- Season with sea salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Place cauliflower florets onto a baking sheet and spread them out evenly. You want to allow some room between the florets in order for them to crisp up in the oven.
- Place in oven and bake for 30-35 minutes. Keep a close eye on them, and you may want to toss them around a couple of times during the cooking time to ensure all sides cook evenly.
- For extra crispiness, broil for 3-5 minutes on high.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 44 calories
- Sugar: 4 grams
- Fat: 1 gram
- Carbohydrates: 11 grams
- Fiber: 4 grams
- Protein: 4 grams
Keywords: oven roasted, spicy