Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas
These easy sheet pan steak fajitas are the perfect recipe for a healthy family-friendly weeknight dinner!
Fajitas are always a popular dinner idea, but making them on a sheet pan makes weeknight dinners so much easier by cutting down on prep and clean up at the same time. By simply adding all of the ingredients to a single sheet pan, you can let the oven do the work and come back to a deliciously cooked meal in under 30 minutes. When it comes to steak fajitas, you can truly use any cut of steak that you like but I find flank steak and sirloin steak give the best flavour. If time permits, I would suggest marinating the steak ahead of time as it allows for a deeper flavour, but if you’re in a pinch you can easily just add the spices and go. In my opinion, the best way to serve steak fajitas is family-style with all of the fillings and toppings on the table so that people can build their own fajitas just the way they like them.
Although this sheet pan steak fajita recipe is suggested as a healthy weeknight dinner, it also makes a great meal prep idea for lunches that can be eaten in tortillas, as fajita bowls or topped onto a salad, and it stores well in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Want more easy meal ideas? Check out these other healthy sheet pan dinners!
Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas
This Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas recipe calls for flank steak or sirloin steak, however, striploin steak or round steak would also work equally well. To make this recipe gluten-free, simply opt for corn-based tortillas as opposed to wheat.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 fajitas 1x
- Category: Mains
- Cuisine: Paleo, Gluten-Free
- Diet: Gluten Free
sheet pan steak fajitas:
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak or sirloin steak
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Sea Salt
- Black pepper
- 8 tortillas, to serve
- Lime, sliced into wedges
- Cilantro, roughly chopped
- Hot sauce
- For the best results, remove the steaks from the fridge at least 1 hour before cooking to bring them to room temperature. This will allow for a more even cook and better overall texture.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Mix the chilli powder, cumin and paprika together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Add peppers and onions to a large baking sheet, drizzle with 1 ½ tablespoons of olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and toss well to combine. Transfer to the oven to cook for 10 minutes.
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel, and season with salt and pepper on all sides. Sprinkle steaks with spice mixture evenly on all sides, ensuring that they are well covered.
- Heat remaining oil in a cast iron or heavy bottom skillet, add the steaks, and cook 1-2 minutes per side, and then remove them from the heat. (You are welcome to omit this step and cook the steaks completely in the oven with the peppers for 20 minutes, however, the texture won’t be as ideal.)
- Once the peppers have cooked for 10 minutes, remove the sheet pan from the oven, add the steaks to the pan, and return to the oven for an additional 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove the pan from the oven, and transfer steaks to a plate to rest for 5 minutes.
- Once the steaks have rested, slice into thin strips.
- Serve steak and pepper mixture with tortillas, fresh limes, cilantro and extra toppings of your choice!
- Serving Size: 1 fajita
- Calories: 240 calories
- Sugar: 4 grams
- Fat: 9 grams
- Carbohydrates: 19 grams
- Fiber: 4 grams
- Protein: 21 grams
Keywords: easy, healthy, how to make, meal prep
Did you make this recipe? Rate it below!