Sweet & Sticky Chicken Wings
Baked to perfection, these sticky chicken wings are the perfect combination of salty and sweet!
You’ll be pleased to know that chicken wings are not forbidden food, in fact, they are quite healthy! Packed full of protein and healthy fats, these baked sticky chicken wings are a delicious party appetizer or dinner idea for any night of the week.
When it comes to real food, no foods are forbidden, it simply depends on how they are prepared and what they are served with. For instance, chicken wings on their own are completely acceptable, but if you bread them and deep fry them in vegetable oil they are a less than ideal choice. You know what I mean?
In fact, the same goes for any type of food. Real foods, in their whole format, are completely acceptable and truthfully any of them can be consumed in appropriate amounts. That’s why tomatoes are completely healthy while ketchup is not, and potatoes are a great source of fuel while potato chips are a less than ideal choice.
The reason that this sweet and sticky chicken wings recipe works so well is not only because they are baked, but because the sauce itself is very clean. You can certainly by pre-made store-bought sauce but they will likely all have added preservatives that we just don’t need. So try this quick and easy sauce on your next batch of chicken wings, I promise the recipe won’t disappoint.
I source all of my chicken directly from truLOCAL, and you can too, to ensure that I am eating high-quality, local, pasture-raised chicken.
Sweet & Sticky Chicken Wings
Baked to perfection, this sticky chicken wings recipe is the perfect combination of salty and sweet!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Main
- Method: Baked
- 2lbs chicken wings
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos or soy sauce (gluten-free)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (or 1/2 tsp. garlic powder)
- 1″ ginger root, grated or minced (or 1/2 tsp. ginger powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Line baking sheet with aluminium foil. This step is optional, but it helps to reduce a messy cleanup!
- Place a wire rack on the baking sheet and line the rack with chicken wings. Season wings with a sprinkle of sea salt. (You can also place the chicken wings directly on the baking sheet, however using the rack helps to cook them evenly on all sides.)
- Transfer the chicken wings to the oven and cook for 35-40 minutes until crispy and cooked thru.
- While the chicken wings are baking, begin the sauce. Add the honey, coconut aminos (or soy sauce), sesame oil, ginger, garlic and salt to a small saucepan. On a low heat, cook the sauce, you are looking to reduce the sauce a little to that it becomes rich and sticky.
- When the chicken wings are done cooking, remove them from the oven. Transfer the sauce to a large bowl, add the chicken wings and toss them in the sauce.
- Once the wings are well coated, return them to the baking sheet (wire rack removed), and cover them with any remaining sauce.
- Turn the oven to broil, and transfer the wings back into the oven to broil for another 3-5 minutes. Keep a watchful eye on them to ensure that they do not burn, however you are looking to help crisp up the skin in the sauce.
- Once complete, transfer the wings to a bowl and serve with carrot sticks and celery.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 198 calories
- Sugar: 9 grams
- Fat: 6 grams
- Carbohydrates: 10 grams
- Fiber: 0 grams
- Protein: 26 grams
Keywords: baked, crispy, easy