Green Smoothie Bowl
A simple 5-ingredient Green Smoothie Bowl recipe with customizable toppings of your choice, and the ultimate way to get greens into your breakfast.
For many, smoothies are a great way to add a some extra fruits and veggies to your day without extra cooking, you can just blend and go. Although smoothies are great, smoothie bowls are even more fun. Think of smoothie bowls as an extra thick smoothie that you can eat like soft serve ice cream with a spoon – delicious! Honestly, making a smoothie bowl is no too difficult, it just means adding a little more fruit and veg, and a little less liquid to your blender. A Green Smoothie Bowl can be used for breakfast, or as a snack, just be sure to add a source of protein to your smoothie to ensure it is more well macronutrient balanced and satiating. In this recipe, I’ve used a protein powder to serve as a source of protein, but plain yogurt or nut butters can work well too. You can check out my guide to Mastering Your Morning Smoothie for some extra ideas and tips.
Green Smoothie Bowl
I used a coconut flavoured protein powder in this smoothie but a vanilla or berry flavour would work well too.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- Category: Breakfast, Snacks
- Cuisine: Paleo, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
- 1/2 banana, frozen works best
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 large handful fresh spinach
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup almond milk
- Shredded coconut
- Chopped nuts
- Hemp seeds
- Chia seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- In a blender, combine banana, avocado, spinach, protein powder and 1/2 cup liquid. (Always start with less liquid and add as required.)
- Blend until smooth and add more liquid if mixture is too thick. You’re looking for a soft-serve ice cream consistency, thick enough to eat with a spoon.
- Pour mixture into a small bowl, and sprinkle with toppings of your choice.