Green Smoothie Bowl
A quick and easy green smoothie bowl recipe!
This simple 5-ingredient green smoothie bowl recipe is complete with customizable toppings and is a fantastic way to get greens into your breakfast.
For many, smoothies are a great way to add a some extra fruits and veggies to your day without extra cooking, you can just blend and go. Although smoothies are great, smoothie bowls are even more fun. Think of smoothie bowls as an extra thick smoothie that you can eat like soft-serve ice cream with a spoon – delicious! Honestly, making a smoothie bowl is no too difficult, it just means adding a little more fruit and veg, and a little less liquid to your blender.
A green smoothie bowl can be used for breakfast, or as a snack, just be sure to add a source of protein to your smoothie to ensure it is more well macronutrient balanced and satiating. In this recipe, I’ve used protein powder to serve as a source of protein, but plain yogurt or nut butters are also great ways to add protein to a smoothie.
Green Smoothie Bowl
This green smoothie bowl is made with vanilla protein powder, however, natural protein powder would work well too.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blender
- 1/2 banana, frozen works best
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 large handful fresh spinach
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup almond milk
- Shredded coconut
- Chopped nuts
- Hemp seeds
- Chia seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- In a blender, combine banana, avocado, spinach, protein powder and 1/2 cup liquid. (Always start with less liquid and add as required.)
- Blend until smooth and add more liquid if mixture is too thick. You’re looking for a soft-serve ice cream consistency, thick enough to eat with a spoon.
- Pour mixture into a small bowl, and sprinkle with toppings of your choice.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 296 calories
- Sugar: 8 grams
- Fat: 13 grams
- Carbohydrates: 30 grams
- Fiber: 7 grams
- Protein: 20 grams