Spiced Carrot Salad
This tangy and simple dressing is the perfect complement to the sweetness of carrots in this spiced carrot salad, making it a great appetizer or side dish.
Carrots are one of those vegetables that I always have in the fridge, they are cheap to buy and convenient to use. I probably bought carrots on a weekly basis for about 5 years straight when I was learning to eat better. I am certainly a woman of routine, so during those days, I ate carrots and hummus as an afternoon snack every single day. Looking back it seems kinda crazy but, at the time, keeping things simple and convenient is what kept me on track and I often encourage my clients to do the same. However, after many years of consistency, I finally got to a place where I felt I could give myself some leeway and mix things up without making poor food choices. After all, there are only so many snacks of carrots and hummus a girl can eat! Fortunately for me, carrots are an incredibly versatile vegetable that works well in anything from savoury to sweet dishes, like my No-Bake Carrot Cake Energy Bites or Balsamic Roasted Carrots, so I had lots of options to choose from.
This Spiced Carrot Salad is sweet, fresh and fragrant with a little touch of spice to keep people guessing. It pairs really well with any grilled meat or as a simple afternoon treat.Print
Spiced Carrot Salad
A quick and easy side dish, this spiced carrot salad is a great way to add some extra veggies to your meal, and stores well in the fridge for days to come.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Salads, Sides
- Cuisine: Paleo, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 6 large carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley or coriander, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Peel the carrots and grate them using a box grater.
- Roughly chop the coriander/parsley into small pieces.
- Mince the garlic for the dressing, the finer the better.
- Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, dijon, garlic, cumin and sea salt.
- In a large bowl, toss together the carrots, raisins, coriander and cover with dressing.
- Toss well to combine. This salad can be made of ahead of time or served immediately.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 283 calories
- Sugar: 23 grams
- Fat: 15 grams
- Carbohydrates: 40 grams
- Fiber: 7 grams
- Protein: 3 grams
Keywords: dressing, how to make, best, grated, shredded, healthy, sweet