Balsamic Roasted Carrots
This Balsamic Roasted Carrots recipe is quick, easy and simple, but tasty enough to make everyone at the table eat more veggies. Roasted carrot recipes often call for an added drizzle of honey, which you can certainly do, but I think that they are sweet enough on their own. I think whole carrots, drizzled with balsamic vinegar, topped with fresh thyme and roasted in the oven until tender, sweet and salty is the perfect way to get more of your 5 a day.
If you want to make this recipe completely vegetarian, simply swaps the butter for olive oil and it will work just as well. For an extra touch, add a small drizzle of honey to the carrots before putting them in the oven.
- 2lbs carrots
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1.5 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Peel carrots, remove tops and slice them the carrots lengthwise in half. Place them on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle melted butter and balsamic vinegar over carrots. Using your hands, toss the carrots together on the baking sheet to ensure they are all well coated. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove thyme leaves from sprigs and sprinkle across carrots.
- Transfer baking sheet to the oven, and bake for 25-30 until tender and balsamic vinegar has caramelized.
- Remove from the oven, and season with more salt and pepper as needed to taste.
- Serve warm and enjoy!