Feta & Spinach Egg Muffins
These spinach egg muffins with feta cheese are quick and easy to make and a perfect grab and go breakfast!
If you’ve never made them before, breakfast egg muffins are similar to mini frittatas: an egg-based dish similar to an omelette that is filled with meat, cheese or vegetables. The beauty of mini frittatas, or egg muffins, is that they are simple, inexpensive and versatile to make. Not only are the flavour options endless, but they are a great way to use up leftovers or odds and ends you have in the fridge.
For this particular egg muffin recipe, I opted to go with a simple combination of spinach and feta cheese because I think the flavours pair beautifully and it’s a great way to add some more leafy greens and fibre to your diet. Although I used feta cheese, you could truly use any type of cheese that you like, cheddar, mozzarella or goat cheese would work particularly well, and it’s a great way to add a little boost of protein to your breakfast at the same time. When shopping for cheese, be sure that you read the ingredients and opt for natural cheeses made with milk, salt, microbial enzyme, and bacterial cultures.
In addition to being easy to make, these spinach and feta egg muffins are high in protein, full of nutrients and low in calories. Each egg and spinach muffin contains 7 grams of protein and 100 calories making them an ideal breakfast for any diet or health goal and a great way to start the day.
These healthy breakfast egg muffins with spinach and feta cheese are a great meal prep idea that works well for breakfast, lunch or a simple snack. Meal prep a batch of these spinach egg muffins this weekend and you’ll have a healthy, high-protein meal ready to go every day of the week.
Looking for more breakfast egg muffin recipes? Try these other delicious flavours:
Feta & Spinach Egg Muffins
These spinach egg muffins with feta cheese are quick and easy to make, while being high in protein, low in calories and packed full of nutrients at the same time.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 12 muffins 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
- Diet: Low Calorie
- 12 eggs
- 2 cup spinach, roughly chopped
- 100 grams feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Butter or olive oil, for greasing
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 12-cup muffin tin. (If you have a silicone muffin tin I would suggest using it as it is easier to remove the muffins.)
- In a large bowl, crack eggs, whisk together and season with salt and pepper. Add chopped spinach and whisk again to combine.
- Divide egg mixture evenly across the muffin tins, filling them halfway, and sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese. Depending on the size of your eggs you may have a little extra of the mixture, so you can make a few more.
- Transfer the muffin tin to the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes until the centre of each egg muffin is set.
- Once cooked, serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 100 calories
- Sugar: 0 grams
- Fat: 7 grams
- Carbohydrates: 1 gram
- Fiber: 1 gram
- Protein: 8 grams
Keywords: cups, muffin tin, baked, cheese, healthy