Almond Butter Rice Crispy Bars
Whether you are looking for a sweet snack or a simple dessert, these almond butter rice crispy bars are a delicious treat. Filled with puffed rice, almond butter, and honey, and drizzled with dark chocolate, the bars are the perfect mix of salty and sweet.
These almond butter rice crispy bars are my homemade take on a Kind® bar mixed with a Rice Krispies® treat. If possible, I recommended using plain puffed brown rice, as opposed to Rice Krispies® cereal, as it does not contain added sugar or preservatives. Puffed rice can be found at all major grocery stores in the cereal aisle or health food aisle.
More Healthy Snack Ideas:Print
These marshmallow-free almond butter rice crispy bars are a healthy no-bake, gluten-free snack everyone can enjoy. Although this recipe uses almond butter, you could certainly use peanut butter, cashew butter, or sunflower seed butter instead.
- 3 cups puffed rice
- 3/4 cup almond butter, smooth
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Sea salt, flaky
- Line an 8’x8′ or 9’x9′ baking pan with parchment paper.
- Add puffed rice to a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan or skillet on low-medium heat, warm coconut oil until melted, then add almond butter and honey and continue to heat, whisking gently, until well combined.
- Pour the coconut oil, almond butter, and honey mixture into the bowl over the puffed rice and, using a spoon or silicone spatula, gently mix and fold until well combined.
- Once the puffed rice is well coated, transfer the mixture to the lined baking pan. Spread it out evenly in the pan and dot with chopped almonds, then press it down firmly using the back of the spatula or your hand.
- Using a double boiler method or the microwave, melt the chocolate chips until completely smooth, then drizzle across the top of over the top of bars. Sprinkle with a bit of sea salt.
- Transfer the bars to the freezer for roughly 1 hour or until the chocolate has completely solidified.
- Once the chocolate has hardened, remove the pan from the freezer, remove the bars from the pan, transfer to a cutting board and allow to sit for a couple of minutes so that you can easily pass a knife through them.
- Slice bars in half and then slice each side into 4 equal-sized bars, for a total of 8 bars.
- Once sliced, the bars can be eaten immediately, stored in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for several months. It is not recommended to store these bars at room temperature as, if too warm, can become soft and fall apart.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 299 calories
- Sugar: 15 grams
- Fat: 21 grams
- Carbohydrates: 26 grams
- Fiber: 4 grams
- Protein: 7 grams