In need of a quick and healthy breakfast? Look no further than these spinach scrambled eggs. Filled with leafy greens and feta cheese, these scrambled eggs are high in protein and ready in minutes making them perfect for a healthy weekday breakfast or a delicious addition to a hearty weekend brunch.
These scrambled eggs include feta cheese, however, if you’re not a fan you can omit it altogether or add another type of cheese; cheddar, Havarti, and manchego would all work exceptionally well.
More Healthy Egg Recipes:Print
Spinach Scrambled Eggs
These spinach scrambled eggs with feta cheese are perfect for a quick, easy and high-protein morning meal.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- 2–3 eggs
- 1 cup spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Crack eggs into a bowl, whisk to combine and set aside.
- Heat butter in a cast-iron skillet or heavy bottom pan on medium-high heat.
- Once the butter has melted, add the chopped spinach and a pinch of salt and cook, stirring often, until the spinach is wilted, tender and bright green, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Once the spinach has cooked, reduce the heat to medium, add whisked eggs to the pan and, using a spatula, gently stir and fold the eggs. When eggs are about 1⁄2 way cooked, add crumbled feta cheese to continue folding and stirring eggs until cooked to your liking.
- Once cooked, remove from the pan, season with additional salt and pepper to taste, and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 2 eggs
- Calories: 221 calories
- Sugar: 1 grams
- Fat: 16 grams
- Carbohydrates: 2 grams
- Fiber: 1 gram
- Protein: 16 grams
Leave a Review