Apple Pie Baked Oatmeal
A little make-ahead breakfast goes a long way in setting you up for a week of success, and this apple pie baked oatmeal is just the thing you need on a cold fall morning.
Apple season, it’s just the best, isn’t it? There are literally thousands of different ways you can use apples, from savoury to sweet dishes, breakfast to dinner, and snacks to desserts. Personally, I just love a good crunchy apple on its own as a simple snack, however, my second favourite way to eat them is in my morning oatmeal. The good news is, you don’t need to stand over a hot stove every morning, especially if you are short on time, when you can make a batch of baked oatmeal for the whole week.
Whip up this simple apple pie baked oatmeal on a Sunday afternoon and you’ll have a delicious quick and easy breakfast ready to go every morning of the week.
More Baked Oatmeal Recipes:
Apple Pie Baked Oatmeal
This apple pie baked oatmeal recipe calls for McIntosh apples, but you can honestly use any type of apple you like. This baked oatmeal can be re-heat or eaten cold on its own or with an additional splash of milk.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 2 ½ cups rolled oats
- ½ cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, whisked
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or butter, melted + more for greasing
- 2 McIntosh apples, cored and diced
- Preheat oven to 375°F, and grease a 9 x 9 baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients; oats, pecans, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, baking soda, and salt. Stir to ensure everything is well mixed and then transfer to baking dish.
- In the same mixing bowl, combine all of the wet ingredients; milk, vanilla extract, egg, maple syrup, melted coconut oil or butter, and diced apples.
- Transfer the wet ingredients to the baking dish with the dry ingredients and mix everything until well combined.
- Transfer baking dish to the oven for 35-40 minutes until golden brown.
- The apple pie baked oatmeal can be served immediately or stored in the fridge covered for up to 5 days.
- Serve on its own hot or cold, or serve warmed up with an extra splash of almond milk and drizzle of maple syrup.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 372 calories
- Sugar: 21 grams
- Fat: 14 grams
- Carbohydrates: 48 grams
- Fiber: 6 grams
- Protein: 10 grams
Keywords: cinnamon, maple syrup, healthy, easy, baked