Coconut Fish Curry
A one-pot coconut fish curry ready in less than 20 minutes!
This coconut fish curry recipe is a quick and easy one-pot meal that is filled with Thai flavours and bright colours. Made with flaky cod, coconut milk and plenty of vegetables, this fish curry is a well-balanced meal complete with protein, carbohydrates and healthy fats making it a delicious and nutritious weeknight dinner.
Although this fish curry recipe calls for cod, you could easily use halibut, hake, haddock, snapper or any type of flaky white fish.
More Fish Curry Recipes:
This Thai-inspired fish curry with coconut milk is a quick, easy and healthy weeknight meal.
- 4 cod fillets (4oz)
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-inch ginger root, grated or minced
- 1 cup broccoli florets, roughly chopped
- 2–3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 (400ml) can coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce (optional)
- Jasmine rice, cooked
- Cilantro, chopped, to serve
- Lime, sliced, to serve
- In a large pan on medium heat, melt the coconut oil. Once melted, add onion and carrots and cook for 2-3 minutes until tender.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook for an additional 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add curry paste, stir to combine with vegetable mixture and allow to heat about 1 minute until fragrant. (Feel free to add as much or as little curry paste as you like to suit your spice/heat preferences.)
- Add coconut milk and fish sauce (optional), stir to combine and bring to a gentle boil.
- Once the bubbling, reduce to a simmer, add cod fillets and broccoli florets and cook for 5-7 minutes until the cod is tender and flaky. Season with salt to taste.
- Once cooked, transfer to bowls and serve with jasmine rice, cilantro and a slice of lime.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 322 calories
- Sugar: 3 grams
- Fat: 23 grams
- Carbohydrates: 11 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Protein: 21 grams
Keywords: coconut milk, thai, easy, healthy