Made with rolled oats, natural peanut butter, and brown sugar, these oatmeal peanut butter cookies are a delicious and nutritious treat that is quick and easy to make. Peanut butter lovers are sure to love these cookies and, if you are feeling a little extra, you can add some chocolate chips too.
I love a good oatmeal cookie. Whether it’s oatmeal chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin or oatmeal peanut butter, a little bit of oatmeal always seems to add a bit of texture and crunch to a classic cookie. Not to mention, using oatmeal in the dough helps to add extra fibre to any cookie recipe and, although not necessary, is always a nice added bonus if you’re looking to add more fibre to your diet.
For these oatmeal peanut butter cookies, I opted to use rolled oats, however, quick-cooking oats would work just as well if that’s all you have on hand. I wouldn’t recommend using instant oats, as they are pre-cooked and may alter the batter and cookie texture, however, old-fashioned rolled oats, rolled oats, and quick-cooking rolled oats would all work very well in this oatmeal cookie recipe.
More Healthy Cookie Recipes:
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
Made with rolled oats, natural peanut butter and brown sugar, these healthy oatmeal peanut butter cookies are equal parts delicious and nutritious.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 24 cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter, smooth
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients: rolled oats, flour, baking soda and salt. Stir to combine and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the melted butter and brown sugar and whisk to combine. Then add the egg, peanut butter and vanilla extract and whisk again until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and, using a spatula or a spoon, mix until well incorporated.
- Portion the dough into 1 tablespoon-sized balls, using a scoop or your hands, place them to the baking sheet, leaving 2″ between them, and flatten them gently.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and allow to cook for 10-12 minutes until the edges are slightly golden and the centre still looks soft.
- Once cooked, remove the baking sheet from oven and allow the cookies to cool completely on the baking sheet.
- Once cooled, the cookies can be served immediately, stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 120 calories
- Sugar: 7 grams
- Fat: 7 grams
- Carbohydrates: 13 grams
- Fiber: 1 gram
- Protein: 2 grams
Keywords: peanut butter, oatmeal, easy, chewy, healthy