Pear Grilled Cheese
Easy brie and pear grilled cheese sandwich.
Take your grilled cheese game to the next level with this brie and pear grilled cheese! Layered with crisp pear, creamy brie, sweet honey, and zesty arugula, this simple sandwich is the perfect combination of flavours.
I opted to use a multigrain bread for this grilled cheese simply because it’s what I had on hand, however, sourdough, French bread, and brioche would all work particularly well. For the best results, ensure that you use a ripe pear to add a natural touch of sweetness while adding a source of fibre at the same time.
More Grilled Cheese Recipes:
A delightful combination of savoury and sweet, this brie and pear grilled sandwich is a sophisticated take on the classic sandwich.
- 2 slices of bread, of choice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pear, ripe, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 oz. brie cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 cup arugula (optional)
- Lay bread on a cutting board and spread each slice with half of the butter on one side.
- Flip the bread on the cutting board and then layer the inside of one slice with half of the sliced brie cheese, sliced pear, arugula, and the remainder of the sliced brie cheese. Spread honey on the inside of the other slice of bread and top to create a sandwich.
- Warm a pan to medium heat then add the sandwich and cook until browned, about 3-4 minutes, then flip and repeat on the other side.
- Once cooked, remove from the pan and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 442 calories
- Sugar: 16 grams
- Fat: 25 grams
- Carbohydrates: 46 grams
- Fiber: 4 grams
- Protein: 15 grams
Keywords: pear and brie grilled cheese