Sesame Chicken Mason Jar Salad
Made with shredded chicken and fragrant sesame dressing, this sesame chicken mason jar salad is a delicious and nutritious meal prep idea!
Mason jar salads are a great tool to add to your meal prep repertoire as they are incredibly easy to prepare and they stay fresh in the fridge for multiple days. The secret to a good mason jar salad is simply the order that you layer the ingredients; this helps to ensure things don’t go soggy before you eat them and, layered with beautiful colours and flavours, this sesame chicken mason jar salad is exactly that!
Tips for Mason Jar Salads
- Dressings always goes in first. Adding the dressing to the bottom ensures that the salad ingredients won’t get soggy before you eat it.
- Protein and grains go next. These ingredients can withstand getting a little wet and placing them with the dressing allows them to marinate and soak up the flavours before eating.
- Then add the fixings. Vegetables, nuts, seeds, avocado and cheese go next.
- Add leafy greens last. Leafy greens should be added last so they are as far away from the dressing as possible.
Mason jar salads make convenient office lunches as they are easy to transport and easy to eat; you can eat then directly out of the jar, or invert them directly into a bowl or plate for a perfectly layered salad. Once you’ve got the basics down, this sesame chicken mason jar salad is just one of the many flavour options you can create. For the best salads you’ll want to use the best quality chicken, and I order all of my meat from truLOCAL as it is a high-quality local product delivered right to your door.
Made with shredded chicken and sesame dressing, this sesame chicken mason jar salad is a quick and easy meal prep idea for healthy lunches
Mason Jar Salad:
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 handful fresh coriander, stems removed
- 1 head romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1″ fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce, tamari or coconut aminos
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- In a small bowl or jar, combine dressing ingredients and whisk well to combine.
- Assemble the mason jars; begin with half of the dressing mixture and add shredded chicken, cover with cherry tomatoes, shredded carrot, shredded cabbage, fresh coriander and chopped lettuce.
- Cover with lid and store in the fridge until needed.
- To serve, invert the jar into a large bowl or plate, or simply eat directly out of the jar.
- Serving Size: 1 jar
- Calories: 498 calories
- Sugar: 15 grams
- Fat: 33 grams
- Carbohydrates: 31 grams
- Fiber: 11 grams
- Protein: 26 grams
Keywords: chicken, layered, dressing, healthy, easy