Spice-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin
This spice-rubbed pork tenderloin is a super simple sheet pan dinner that is ready in 30 minutes or less, for a tasty weeknight meal or an easy meal prep idea.
Sheet pan dinners, or tray bake meals, have become a real trend, and rightfully so. They are simple to make, simple to clean up, and a great way to get a nutritious meal on the table. I personally use sheet pans a lot in my kitchen, be a to roast a batch of veggies, make dinner, or a great way to do a lot of meal prep quickly.
Pork is a really simple protein to cook which is why it is so fun to work with. Pork tenderloin itself it is pretty mild in flavour, so finding a good way to season it is really important. There are lots of fun marinades and sauces you can add to pork to help to intensify the flavour, but I think a simple spice rub works just as well. Plus, it doesn’t take much forward planning; just simply add the spices and away you go.
This spice-rubbed pork tenderloin recipe technically uses two pans, so I am cheating a little bit by calling it a sheet pan meal. Although you can certainly add the seasoned pork directly to the oven to bake, I like to sear it quickly in a pan first to help bring out the flavour of the spices and ensure they adhere well to the pork tenderloin. The spices I used for this Spice-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin are a personal combination I like, but if you prefer a little more heat, just add a little more chilli powder, cayenne or crushed chillies to increase the level of spice.
More Healthy Pork Tenderloin Recipes:
This spice-rubbed pork tenderloin call for carrots and green beans, however, you could really use any vegetables you have on hand; asparagus, zucchini, peppers, Brussel sprouts, and broccoli would all work just as well.
- 1lb pork tenderloin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups carrots, peeled
- 4 cups green beans, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Add peeled carrots and green beans to a bowl, drizzle with olive oil, season with sea salt and toss to ensure the vegetables are well coated. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic powder, oregano, cumin, chilli powder, paprika and sea salt to create a rub.
- Lay pork tenderloin on a cutting board, pat to dry, and rub spice mixture all over. Ensure that all sides and ends are coated with the dry rub.
- On a large baking sheet, arrange carrots and greens beans and transfer to the oven for 5 minutes.
- While the vegetables are in the oven, heat olive oil in a cast-iron pan or heavy bottom skillet and sear tenderloin on all sides. This should take about 2-3 minutes per side, for a total of 5-6 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, remove the vegetables from the oven and nestle the seared pork tenderloin among the vegetables.
- Return pork tenderloin and vegetables to the oven for another 15 minutes, until pork reaches an internal temperature of 150°F.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and allow pork to rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- Cut pork tenderloin crosswise into ½ inch-thick slices, and serve with roasted vegetables.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 266 calories
- Sugar: 9 grams
- Fat: 9 grams
- Carbohydrates: 21 grams
- Fiber: 7 grams
- Protein: 27 grams
Keywords: spice rub, baked, sheet pan