Greek-inspired pork souvlaki skewers.
Whether you’re looking for a quick dinner idea or want to grill up a little meal prep protein, these pork souvlaki skewers are easy to make and filled with Greek flavours. Made with olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and oregano, this pork souvlaki marinade is a speedy recipe that creates tender and juicy pork every single time.
Although this recipe calls for pork tenderloin you could certainly make these souvlaki skewers with pork chops, pork butt, or pork shoulder; the higher fat content in the butt and shoulder will provide an extra depth of flavour, while the leaner nature of pork tenderloin and chops will create a lower-fat and lower-calorie dish. Regardless of which cut of pork you choose, the souvlaki marinade is sure to create a flavour-packed, tender and juicy dish the whole family will love.
More Greek-inspired Recipes:
These Greek pork souvlaki skewers are easy to make and packed full of flavour. Serve them with fragrant rice, Greek salad, and tzatziki for a Mediterranean-inspired meal.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 8 skewers 1x
- Category: Mains
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: Greek
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 3/4 lb. each)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 8 skewers, metal or wooden
- Place the pork tenderloins on a cutting board and cut them into 2 cm (3/4 inch) cubes.
- In a large bowl, add olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, and dried oregano, and whisk to combine.
- Add the cubed pork to the bowl and, using your hands or tongs, toss the pork until it’s well coated, then transfer to the fridge to marinate for at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
- Once the pork has marinated, thread the cubes of pork onto skewers and season generously with salt and pepper on all sides. Discard any unused marinade.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat, add skewers and cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 145°F.
- Once cooked, remove pork skewers from the grill and allow to rest a few minutes before serving.
- Serving Size: 1 skewer
- Calories: 187 calories
- Sugar: 0 grams
- Fat: 10 grams
- Carbohydrates: 1 gram
- Fiber: 0 grams
- Protein: 24 grams
Keywords: Greek, marinade, pork tenderloin