Strawberry Chia Jam
Quick and easy to make, this sugar-free strawberry chia jam is a healthy spread for toast!
This strawberry chia Jam is incredibly easy and even more delicious! Naturally sweetened with fruit, it is the simplest and healthiest way to enjoy this simple spread.
Nothing says summer breakfast like a little slice of toast with jam and coffee, and nothing says summer like the fresh strawberries, so why not try a little strawberry chia jam! For all of my jam lovers, this is a really delicious and simple recipe to help you make a healthier swap from your traditional store-bought version; lower in sugar and fewer additives. Chia seed jam might sound silly, but you’ll be amazing at how much it actually tastes like the real thing. I used fresh strawberries in this strawberry chia jam recipe, but it also works well with fresh raspberries, blackberries or blueberries, and stone fruit like peaches.
Strawberry Chia Jam
It is best to use strawberries that are fresh and in season; the fresher the berry the more flavour and more sweetness they will provide to the jam, however, this chia jam recipe can be made with frozen berries if needed.
- Prep Time: 2 hours
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 cups 1x
- Category: Sides
- Method: Stovetop
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Prepare the strawberries. Remove the stems, rinse thoroughly, and chop into small pieces.
- Transfer the washed berries to a saucepan and cook on a low heat. Cook the berries for approximately 5-7 minutes or until the fruit breaks down and become syrupy.
- As the berries cook down, use a potato masher or a fork to help break up the berries. You can leave the fruit as smooth or lumpy as you wish.
- When the berries have cooked down, add the lemon juice and honey and stir to combine. Taste and add more as needed.
- Turn off the heat, remove pan from stovetop and add the chia seeds.
- Ensure that the chia seeds are well combined in the mixture, stirring a few times.
- Allow the mixture to stand at least 5 minutes. As the chia seeds absorb the liquid the mixture will begin to thicken and take on a more gelatinous texture.
- Once cooled, transfer the mixture to a glass jar. The jam can be store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 18 calories
- Sugar: 2 grams
- Fat: 1 gram
- Carbohydrates: 3 grams
- Fiber: 1 gram
- Protein: 0 grams
Keywords: keto, low carb, no sugar, healthy, easy