Turmeric Chicken Tray Bake
This one-pan Turmeric Chicken Tray Bake is a quick and easy dinner idea that is packed full of warming spices and flavour!
I’ve said it before and I will say it again, I love a sheet pan dinner! I mean, you just throw everything onto a sheet pan, pop it in the oven, walk away and BOOM – dinner is ready. Ok, there may be a few more steps to it, but sheet pan dinners are still pretty darn simple. Not only do I make a ton of them myself, but I’ve shared a bunch on the blog, including the oh-so-popular Spanish Chicken Tray Bake and Greek Chicken Tray Bake. Although you can use just about any cut of chicken you like, I opted to use chicken thighs in this recipe because I think they are highly underrated; not only are they inexpensive, but they are full of flavour and incredibly nutrient-dense. Chicken thighs have got a bad reputation for having dark meat and additional fat, but this is actually one of their biggest health benefits, not flaws. Instead of fussing over the cut of chicken, it is more important to pay attention to the actual qaulity of chicken itself, which is why I source all of my chicken directly from truLOCAL and you can too. It is a Canadian meat delivery system that sources products from local farmers and ships them directly to your door ensuring you get quality meat without too much fuss.
This turmeric chicken tray bake is a great weeknight meal or a simple meal prep idea that will give you a week’s worth of delicious and healthy lunches.
Turmeric Chicken Tray Bake
For extra flavour, allow chicken thighs to marinade for at least an hour before cooking, however, this turmeric chicken tray bake can also be made in the moment with incredible flavour and results.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings 1x
- Category: Mains
- Method: Paleo, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
- 6 chicken thighs, bone-in, skin-on
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Fresh coriander, to serve
- 6 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, florets remove
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, add chicken thighs and cover with olive oil, turmeric, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Using your hands or thongs, toss the chicken thighs in the oil and spices until they are well coated. Set aside.
- On a large baking sheet, add chopped carrots, cauliflower and red onion, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with cumin, salt and pepper and, using your hands, and toss to combine.
- On the same baking sheet, add chicken thighs, skin side up, nuzzling them in between the vegetables.
- Transfer baking sheet to the oven to roast for 40-45 minutes or until the chicken skin is crispy and the veggies are tender.
- Serve warm and enjoy!