Turmeric Chicken Tray Bake
This sheet pan turmeric chicken recipe is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal. Not only is it simple to prepare but it’s chock full of vegetables and warming spices to create a flavor-packed and well-balanced meal complete with protein, fiber, and healthy fats.
I’ve said it before and I will say it again, I love a sheet pan dinner! I mean, you just throw everything onto a sheet pan, pop it in the oven, walk away, and BOOM – dinner is ready. Ok, there may be a few more steps to it, but sheet pan dinners are still pretty darn simple.
Although you can use just about any cut of chicken you like, I opted to use chicken thighs in this recipe because I think they are highly underrated; not only are they inexpensive, but they are full of flavor and incredibly nutrient-dense. Chicken thighs have got a bad reputation for having dark meat and additional fat, but this is actually one of their biggest health benefits, not flaws. This turmeric chicken is a great weeknight meal or a simple meal prep idea that will give you a week’s worth of delicious and healthy lunches.
More Tray Bake Dinners:
For extra flavour, allow chicken thighs to marinate for at least an hour before cooking, however, this turmeric chicken can also be cooked immediately and still provide incredible flavour.
- 6 chicken thighs, bone-in, skin-on
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Fresh coriander, to serve
- 6 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, florets removed
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, add chicken thighs and cover with olive oil, turmeric, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Using your hands or thongs, toss the chicken thighs in the oil and spices until they are well coated. Set aside.
- On a large baking sheet, add chopped carrots, cauliflower and red onion, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with cumin, salt and pepper and, using your hands, and toss to combine.
- On the same baking sheet, add chicken thighs, skin side up, nuzzling them in between the vegetables.
- Transfer baking sheet to the oven to roast for 40-45 minutes or until the chicken skin is crispy and the veggies are tender.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 343 calories
- Sugar: 10 grams
- Fat: 14 grams
- Carbohydrates: 23 grams
- Fiber: 7 grams
- Protein: 34 grams
Keywords: baked, chicken thighs