Banana Blueberry Muffins
Light, fluffy and healthy banana blueberry muffins!
These banana blueberry muffins are everything you love about banana bread and blueberry muffins combined into a delicious and healthy treat. The use of ripe bananas helps to add moisture and sweetness to the batter to make the muffins light and fluffy while being low in sugar and calories at the same time.
This recipe calls for all-purpose flour, however, you could certainly use whole-wheat flour if you prefer. Although it will create a slightly denser banana blueberry muffin it will increase the protein and fibre content slightly.
More Health Muffin Recipes:Print
Banana Blueberry Muffins
These banana blueberry muffins are a moist, fluffy, and healthy treat ready in less than 30 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 muffins 1x
- Category: Muffin
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups ripe, mashed banana (about 3 large)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Milk, as needed
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a muffin tin with baking cups or lightly grease with butter.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine the mashed banana, melted butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla extract and beat until well combine and sugar is well incorporated.
- Pour the flour mixture into the banana mixture, then beat or whisk until well combined. Depending on the ripeness of your bananas, the batter may be a little thick. If you find it too thick simply add a couple of tablespoons of milk to loosen it up slightly; you want the batter to be thick but not overly gloopy.
- Add the blueberries to a small bowl, sprinkle with a tablespoon of flour and toss until well coated in flour – this will help the blueberries from sinking to the bottom of the muffins. Then add blueberries to the batter, leaving any excess flour behind, and fold until well combined.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, dividing it evenly to make 12 muffins.
- Transfer the muffin tin to the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
- Once baked, allow to cool slightly, then transfer the muffins to a cooling rack and allow to cool to room temperature.
- The muffins can be served immediately, stored at room temperature for 5 days, in the fridge for up to 7 days, or frozen for up to 3 months.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 139 calories
- Sugar: 15 grams
- Fat: 6 grams
- Carbohydrates: 31 grams
- Fiber: 1 gram
- Protein: 2 grams