Moist, fluffy, and full of berry flavor, this strawberry banana bread is the perfect snack. This easy and healthy recipe is something the whole family is sure to love.
Whether you’re baking for toddlers, kids, or adults, banana bread always seems to be requested. It works well as an on-the-go breakfast, snack, or even a healthy dessert, and adding fresh strawberries to classic banana bread is a great way to make it a little extra special.
Whether it’s the middle of the strawberry season or you’re using frozen berries in the middle of winter, this strawberry banana bread recipe is a delicious and nutritious way to enjoy sweet and juicy strawberries.
Ingredients for Banana Bread with Strawberries
- Ripe Bananas: The most important banana bread ingredient, the riper the better.
- Strawberries: Because you can’t make strawberry banana bread without strawberries! You can use frozen or fresh strawberries.
- All-Purpose Flour: The recipe calls for all-purpose flour, as it works best, but you can use whole wheat flour or gluten-free flour if you’d like.
- Eggs: To bind the bread and add some protein.
- Unsalted Butter: To ensure the banana bread is moist.
- Greek Yogurt: To further enhance the moisture. You can also use plain yogurt or swap it for sour cream if needed.
- Sugar: Just a little to sweeten the loaf, you can use white sugar, brown sugar, or coconut sugar.
- Vanilla Extract: To enhance the sweetness and add some flavor.
- Leavening Agents: Baking powder and salt to ensure the banana bread is light and fluffy.
To Make it Gluten-Free: Swap the all-purpose flour for 1-to-1 gluten-free flour.
To Make it Dairy-Free: Swap the butter for olive oil or coconut oil and the yogurt for coconut yogurt.
To Make it Egg-Free: Replace the eggs with 2 flax eggs.
How to Make Strawberry Banana Bread
- Mix dry ingredients. Begin by mixing the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients. In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter and sugar, and then stir in the mashed banana, egg, yogurt, and vanilla extract.
- Mix batter. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredient and gently mix until well combined.
- Fold in strawberries. Add the strawberries to the batter and fold until well incorporated.
- Bake. Transfer the batter to a baking pan and bake in the oven until golden brown.
- Cool. Once baked, allow the banana bread to cool completely in the baking pan.
- Slice and enjoy!
You can find the detailed instructions in the recipe card below.
Red’s Nutrition Tip
This strawberry banana bread makes a great snack or dessert and can even be enjoyed for breakfast. If you’d like to enjoy it for breakfast, you can make it a more balanced meal by serving it with a side of protein such as hard-boiled eggs or a small bowl of Greek yogurt or cottage cheese.
Optional Add-Ins for Banana Strawberry Bread
Want to add more flavor to your strawberry banana bread? Try one of the add-ins:
- Chopped walnuts
- Chopped almonds
- Chocolate chips
- Peanut butter
You can use fresh or frozen strawberries in strawberry banana bread. If using frozen strawberries, do not thaw them, dice them while frozen and add them to the batter frozen.
Yes, you can swap the strawberries for different berries, such as raspberries, blackberries, or blueberries, or replace the strawberries with fresh cherries or peaches.
You can replace the yogurt in this recipe with sour cream if needed.
Storage + Reheating
To Store: Once cooled, the bread can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
To Freeze: Wrap the whole loaf or individual slices in plastic wrap and aluminum foil and then place it in a freezer bag or container for up to 3 months.
To Reheat: If you’d like to eat your strawberry banana bread warm, it can be reheated in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
More Banana Bread Recipes:Print
Strawberry Banana Bread
This strawberry banana bread recipe is a quick and easy recipe the whole family can enjoy. Plus, it freezes well so you can make a double batch because it won’t last long.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 10 slices 1x
- Category: Snack
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup strawberries, diced
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan with butter or line it with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, add the flour, baking soda, and salt and stir to combine.
- In a large bowl, add the melted butter and sugar, and whisk until well combined. Then add mashed banana, eggs, yogurt, and vanilla extract and whisk again until everything is well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredient and gently mix, using a wooden spoon or silicone spatula, until well combined and no flour pockets remain. Be careful to not over-mix the batter.
- Add the diced strawberries and, using a wooden spoon or silicone spatula, fold them gently into the batter.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared baking pan, spreading it out evenly. Transfer the baking pan to the oven and bake for 60-65 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the loaf comes out clean. You can loosely cover the bread with aluminum foil 3/4 of the way through to prevent the top from getting too brown. You can also test your loaf for doneness by inserting a baking thermometer into the center of the bread, the bread is done when the center of your bread is between 200°F and 205°F.
- Remove the banana bread from the oven and allow it to cool on a wire baking for at least 15 minutes, ideally 1 hour. Once cooled, remove the bread from the pan, allow it to sit again until completely cooled, and then slice to serve.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days, in the fridge for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for 3 months.
Sugar: The recipe calls for white sugar but you can use brown sugar or coconut sugar if needed.
Butter: Unsalted butter provides a better balance of flavor but salted butter will also work.
Greek Yogurt: The recipe calls for Greek yogurt, but you can use plain yogurt or sour cream if needed.
Strawberries: You can use frozen strawberries if needed. Be sure to slice them, while frozen, into bite-size pieces before adding them to the batter.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 289 calories
- Sugar: 20 grams
- Fat: 11 grams
- Carbohydrates: 43 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Protein: 5 grams
Keywords: banana strawberry bread