Made with kitchen and pantry staples, these grilled lemon pepper chicken thighs are perfect for a simple yet healthy weeknight meal. Packed with zesty lemon flavor, a dash of pepper, and grilled to perfection this lemon pepper marinade easily elevates humble boneless chicken thighs from good to great.
This recipe calls for boneless chicken thighs, however, you could easily use bone-in chicken thighs if you prefer; simply increase the cooking time by a few minutes per side or cook until all of the juices run clear. This lemon pepper marinade also works well on chicken breasts, pork chops, salmon, or fish.
More Chicken Thigh Recipes:
Lemon Pepper Chicken Thighs
These grilled lemon pepper chicken thighs are filled with flavour while being quick and easy to make!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Mains
- Method: Grilled
- 1 lb. chicken thighs, boneless, skinless
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lemons, juiced + 1/2 lemon zested
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, add the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt and whisk to combine.
- Add the chicken thighs to the bowl and toss in the marinade to ensure that they are well coated. Transfer the bowl to the fridge and allow to marinate for at least 15 minutes or up to 8 hours. If time does not permit, you can grill the chicken thighs right away, you just won’t get the same depth of flavour.
- When the chicken is ready, preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken thighs to the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes per side, turning once, or until the internal temperature of the thickest part of the thigh reaches 165°F.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken thighs from the grill, transfer to a plate, and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving to help preserve the juices.
- The chicken thighs can be served immediately or stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 205 calories
- Sugar: 1 gram
- Fat: 12 grams
- Carbohydrates: 1 grams
- Fiber: 0 grams
- Protein: 23 grams
Keywords: grilled, boneless, skinless, marinade, easy