A taco-inspired fiesta salad recipe!
Filled with colours and flavours, this fiesta salad is a party in your mouth. Made with black beans, corn, avocado, grilled chicken, and a cilantro-lime dressing, this salad is not only easy to make but it’s a healthy and well-balanced meal.
This recipe is designed to serve one, however, you could easily double or triple the ingredients and turn it into a make-ahead lunch or meal prep idea. Just store the ingredients in separate containers and wait to add the avocado and cilantro-lime dressing until it’s time to serve.
More Healthy Salad Recipes:
This colourful fiesta taco salad recipe is perfect for a quick, easy and healthy lunch!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 salad 1x
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 2 cups leafy greens
- 1/2 cup black beans, cooked
- 1/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 oz cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 oz grilled chicken, sliced
Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 lime, juiced + zested
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
- In a small bowl or container, combine the olive oil, lime juice, lime zest, honey, cilantro, a pinch of salt and pepper and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In a bowl, add leafy greens and top with black beans, corn, tomatoes, avocado, grilled chicken and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Drizzle with cilantro lime dressing and season with additional salt and pepper to serve.
- Serving Size: 1 salad
- Calories: 541 calories
- Sugar: 10 grams
- Fat: 27 grams
- Carbohydrates: 48 grams
- Fiber: 13 grams
- Protein: 34 grams
Keywords: taco, chicken, easy, healthy